Thank you for your applications, a diverse pool of mentors have been selected for the 2016 Leadership Institute!
Are you interested in helping to shape and guide future library leaders across MPLA’s 12-state region? Do you have a natural tendency to listen, offer guidance, share expertise, and resolve problems? If so, we invite you to apply to be a mentor for the 2016 MPLA Leadership Institute, which will be held at the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park, Colorado, May 15 – 20, 2016.
Application review will begin September 30 and notifications sent out shortly thereafter. 4-5 mentors will be selected. Thank you for your willingness to support the 2016 Leadership Institute!
- Current MPLA member
- Alum of the MPLA Leadership Institute or similar event
- Currently employed in the 12-state MPLA region or recently (within 2 years) retired from a library in the 12-state MPLA region
- 10 years minimum experience working in libraries
- Successful experience in leadership roles (describe in narrative)
- Ability to participate in web-based training and meetings to prepare for the Institute. These will be approximately 1 hour long and take place in October/November and February/March or as needed.
- Willingness to deliver a presentation or otherwise lead a short session at the Institute on an appropriate leadership topic – approximately 1 hour
- Commitment to arrive at the Institute site in time for a 5:00 PM mentor meeting Sunday, May 15th, 2016 and stay on site supporting LI Fellows until adjournment Friday morning, May 20th, 2016