JOB TITLE: Technical Services Librarian
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversees and executes technical services operations ensuring that materials are acquired and cataloged promptly, payments processed, and materials rapidly processed for collection integration.
• Responsible for copy and original cataloging, classification and processing of all library materials in a variety of formats using an online cataloging program.
• Corrects and resolves problems with bibliographic records and holdings entries in the integrated library system.
• Understands the use of library database systems, specifically cataloging and serials modules.
• Understands and implements collection development policy.
• Compile daily news clippings and e-mail clippings to recipients on a schedule.
• Maintains current budget status for various budget lines related to Technical Services. Assists the Library Manager in preparing various budget reports including annual budget recommendations.
• Provides evaluative reports to library administration as scheduled or requested.
• Provides reference assistance as needed in the absence of the User Services Librarian.
• Participates in professional and staff development activities and keeps current on emerging trends in the LIS field, including reading professional journals, attending workshops and conferences, and subscribing to appropriate listservs.
• Assists in library planning and decision making by serving on committees and attending regularly scheduled meetings such as the Library Advisory Group.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Master’s degree in library and information science from an A.L.A. accredited program.
• Minimum of three years professional experience with acquisitions and automated library systems.
• Familiarity with cataloging policies, procedures, and software, including RDA, AACR2, LLCH, MARC, OCLC cataloging utilities.
• Ability to work independently while maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of staff and library patrons.
• Ability to think analytically, suggest and develop or revise procedures and workflows.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Commitment to and record of strong customer service.
• Able to work a flexible schedule, 32 hours, M-F, no weekends.
• EOS.Web management experience preferred.
• Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.Albuquerque, NM (Kirtland Air Force Base)Albuquerque, NM (Kirtland Air Force Base)
Heather ODaniel, MSLIS
Library Manager Lead
MCH Corporation (Contractor)
Air Force Research Laboratory Technical Library AFRL B570
3550 Aberdeen Avenue SE
Kirtland AFB, NM 87117
Phone: 505-846-6712 (DSN:246)