CITY OF STILLWATER
TITLE: Technology Manager
EFFECTIVE DATE: 10/2014
REVISION DATE: 8/2023
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Work with library director, library staff, and City of Stillwater Information Technology staff to develop and implement technology in support of library services. Serve as lead technician for the library to perform a variety of professional and highly technical work including installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining computer hardware, software, networks, and peripherals for both staff and public systems. This position reports directly to the Library Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan, configure, and manage all aspects of the library’s patron computer and Wi-Fi networks.
- Plan, configure, and manage all aspects of the library’s patron desktop and laptop stations, mobile lab, and circulating technologies.
- Maintain a strong working relationship and collaborate with the City’s Information Technology Department to troubleshoot issues related to staff computers.
- Maintain a current understanding of library technology trends and laws.
- Proactively engage department managers on a routine basis regarding technology-related improvements and needs.
- Serve as a member of the library’s leadership team and long range planning committee; serve as project manager on technology-related projects.
- Provide exceptional customer service to staff and patrons when troubleshooting technology-related problems and when providing training.
- Receive, investigate, and respond to difficult and sensitive problems and complaints in a professional manner; identify and report findings and take necessary corrective action.
- Make recommendations to director regarding technology budget and expenditures; track expenditures; establish and maintain positive vendor relationships.
- Seek and assist on technology related grants and funding opportunities.
- Evaluate technology services and operations based on staff and customer input and create procedures to improve operations.
- Supervise acquisition and maintain inventory of library technology.
- Assist with other library technology including automation system, web pages, and other equipment and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information or Computer Sciences-related field.
- Three years of computer support experience with particular emphasis on current Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems and desktop application software and a fundamental understanding of IP communications and functionality of standard networking equipment.
SPECIAL CERTFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS, AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Valid driver’s license. Must obtain Oklahoma driver’s license within thirty days of hire.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Information technology concepts, techniques, and principles.
- The use of standard and specialized computer equipment and software applications.
- Various software packages including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Linux, SQL, and other relevant programs.
- Communicate effectively.
- Work collaboratively.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment, including computers, telephones, photocopiers, fax machines, and automobiles
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND SAFETY CONCERNS:
- No exposure to hazardous materials.
- General office safety precautions need to be followed.
- Work will be performed at the Stillwater Public Library.
Approved by Library Board: May 24, 2016; Revision: Sept. 27, 2022; Revision: Aug. 22, 2023.
Employee Signature: _________________________________ Date: _____________________
Become an MPLA member!
Expand your horizons and join our community.