Rocky Vista University in Ivins, Utah has an immediate opening for a
Part-time Library Clerk. This position will pay $12 to $14 per hour, and will be up to 19 hours/week.
Hours will include evenings and weekends.
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume and salary requirement.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To monitor public areas and circulation desk, answer basic reference questions, process new acquisitions, shelve returned books
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Monitor library entrance and public areas
2. Check items in and out of the collection
3. Process (copy cataloging and labeling) new acquisitions
4. Shelve returned books
5. Answer basic reference and policy questions asked by patrons
6. Replenish copier paper and toner as needed and report photocopier problems
7. Complete closing routine as specified on checklist
8. Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair or his/her designee
9. InterLibrary Loan software
10. Be able to pick-up different shifts for other library clerks as needed
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist with similar duties as assigned by the Department Chair or his/her designee
2. Attend selected school functions of interest
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. High school diploma or equivalent plus library systems training.
2. Six months of previous clerical experience or equivalent.
1. Some college preferred.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.