South Central Kansas Library System
Title: Technology Consultant (Position I)
Reports to: Automation and Technology Coordinator
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt: Professional
Salary: $42,500 - $52,500 depending on qualifications and experience
Paid single coverage Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health and Dental; Kansas Public Employee Retirement System (KPERS); Optional KPERS 457 Deferred Compensation Plan; Health Reimbursement Plan, Wellness Program and Benefit. SCKLS provided work vehicle. Credit card provided for work-related expenses and partial reimbursement for work cell phone.
Provides automation and technology services, support and training to SCKLS member libraries and staff.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Maintains SCKLS staff and presenter computers and printers
- Maintains and trains SCKLS staff on TeamViewer Remote Support
- Processes and documents member library technology staging and installations
- Provides primary support and consultation services for patron management solutions such as EnvisionWare, SAM, Cybrarian, CASSIE, LibData, etc.
- Provides automation and technology on-site, phone, e-mail and remote support services to member libraries including advising and assisting in the selection of hardware and software; maintenance and repair; evaluation and improvement of library technology; and consulting
- Develops and provides technology training to member libraries in group and individual settings in areas such as technology maintenance, library automation and personal productivity applications
- Provides support and training to member libraries across multiple vendor library automation solutions, including but not limited to Auto-Graphics, Biblionix, COMPanion Corporation, Follett, Koha, Polaris, and other solutions with the guidance of the Automation and Technology Services Coordinator
- Installs, troubleshoots and resolves issues related to SCKLS supported printers, router-firewalls, WiFi solutions and networks
- Develops, maintains and processes SCKLS inventory using Salesforce in coordination with the Director of Information Technology
- Develops, maintains and processes SCKLS member library technology documentation and reports using Salesforce
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of Google Suite, Chrome OS and Chrome Management, Awe stations and gaming solutions applicable to library services
- May represent SCKLS at technology-related meetings
- Other work-related duties assigned by the Director
- Sitting, standing, walking, climbing and stooping
- Bending, twisting and reaching
- Talking and hearing; use of the telephone
- Lifting and carrying; 50 pounds or less
- Fingering, typing, writing, filing, sorting
- Pushing and pulling, objects weighing 60 - 80 pounds or less on wheels
- Mobility, travel to locations outside the SCKLS office
- Ability to safely operate a SCKLS vehicle
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and problem-solve technology hardware and software issues; utilize multiple library automation systems.
- Ability to plan and teach technology topics to varied levels of users; utilize and train member libraries in the use of Microsoft software applications.
- Ability to provide consultant services in the areas of automation, Internet and technology, computing solutions including mobile and
- Knowledge or ability learn to use programs/applications such as Salesforce, Microsoft Windows, Chrome OS, SmartShield, Ninite Pro, Zoom, Formsite, WordPress, Adobe Acrobat Pro, GIMP, Jing, Camtasia, Evanced web calendar/scheduling and patron management software.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; ability to communicate effectively with individuals with varied levels of technology skills / knowledge; ability to foster and maintain positive working relations with member librarians and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a library or technology related field. Master of Library Science preferred
- At least three years of technology experience
- Successful completion of pre-employment screening tests
- A valid Kansas driver’s license and safe driving record required
E-mail or mail a letter of application, resume, and three references to:
Paul Hawkins, Director, SCKLS e-mail: Paul@sckls.info
321 North Main Street
South Hutchinson, KS 67505
Applications accepted until position filled. Applicants that best meet the job qualifications may be invited to interview. SCKLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.